Tuesday, January 10, 2006

sometimes
the flowers sewn onto my sweater
or
the easy smile I wear
doesn't suit the inside of my soul well.

I've spent a decent portion of my life laughing
at jokes that aren't funny
ranting when I'm barely angry
and
wanting to be a person [of some mixture]
that I'm not.

the ache is making the board of me
bow and I can hardly remember anything
from the last few minutes
[or the ones before that, or the ones before that]

maybe it's because I'm lonely
or maybe the most exhausting and
depressing part
is the inability to be whole
around anyone but myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, are truly gifted, my friend. Breath taking poetry and prose.

1/23/2006 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my I post this poem and cite your name and blog for it?

2/04/2006 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home